Sunday, March 26, 2017

Vegan College Student


Let's start off by saying being Vegan takes a lot of man power. By man power I mean a lot of mental to not want to sneak eat dairy, meat, fish, anything from an animal. The first week was easy I had went food shopping at Walmart where I got soy milk, cereal, oatmeal, chips, snacks, veggie burgers but then as my food started to run out and my vegetables started, I grew very hungry and felt like my body was lacking energy because I would sleep and wake up starving as if I did not eat the night before which would make me feel very weak then on top of that with me attending Lincoln University and not having a meal plan because they cater to the needs of all students who can not eat somethings or whatever reason. This made it even harder for me because I had little to no options besides to cook my own food and when I ran out of food sometimes would eat nothing.

So I'm in my second week of being a Vegan I started to get use to the feeling of being weak and started to fight it and make smoothies, but listen laughing out loud during my school Mass Comm Week I had went to the radio station iheart radio and 6 abc where  after we had gotten chiptole and although I hate chiptole they had sofritas which is like an tofu instead of meat it made me fall in love because Qdoba doesn't have that option and now for once I finally got to see something that I could eat when I'm out with my friends so it doesn't look like I'm starving myself. But later that day on the way back to campus I started to feel weak again and empty as if I haven't been eating anything which made me feel tired again but as a student when given the chance to get extra credit for class you take it and I went to the forum about Haiti where they had Pizza, Tuna sandwiches and Turkey sandwiches and had one bite of turkey and felt like I was on top of the world. I know I know I cheated myself by doing that but after that and talking to my mom I realized being a vegetarian was the way for me to go.

If your Vegan I give you credit but if you want to find out more here is an website to help you with your journey http://vegan.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment

All About Me

Who I Am

Hello Bloggers,  Some of you might be coming to my page from either someone telling you about my page or just from a random search. I kn...